for presentation at the ninety-eighth anniversary meeting of the Southern Section of the Classical Association of the Middle West and South,
October 18-20, 2018
in Winston-Salem, NC at the invitation of Wake Forest University
Eta Sigma Phi will again sponsor a panel of scholarly papers presented by undergraduatemembers of the society at the biennial meeting of the Southern Section of CAMWS. Members who will be undergraduates in the fall of 2018 or who graduated in the spring of 2018 are invited to submit papers for consideration, and up to five papers will be selected for presentation.
Papers will be judged anonymously based upon their accuracy, originality, and suitability for presentation at a professional meeting. The students whose papers are selected will receive complimentary registration for the meeting and a one-year membership in CAMWS. Before submitting a paper, each student should ensure that he or she will be available to attend the meeting and able to obtain the additional funds needed—either personally or through his or her institution, department, or chapter.
To assist with the costs, Eta Sigma Phi will cover the students’ registration fees for the conference and CAMWS will grant a one-year membership in that association.
1. Papers should demonstrate scholarly research and deal with some aspect of classical civilization, language, the classical tradition, or the pedagogy of the discipline. (Papers written for class may be acceptable.)
2. The papers should be approximately 7-9 pages in length and presentable within 15 minutes, or 20 minutes with images.
3. Papers should be submitted as they will be presented. A summary presentation via PowerPoint or other media may not be substituted at a later date. If visual images are important to the argument, these should be submitted with the paper and/or sent directly to Executive Secretary at the address below.
4. Each submission must include an abstract of no more than 500 words.
5. The author’s name, chapter, and institution should appear nowhere on the paper or abstract.
6. Submissions will be made through the society’s on-line submission system found at www.etasigmaphi.org.
Deadline for receipt of papers: May 16, 2018
For more information, contact David H. Sick, Executive Secretary, ΗΣΦ, Department of Greek and Roman Studies, Rhodes College, firstname.lastname@example.org.The form for paper submission follows.
You must be logged in to post a comment.